Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Yahoo Voices Is Done

Yes, another writing site bites the dust. Yahoo Voices is ending at the end of this month. All rights revert back to the authors.

Darn. I just got my very first residual check from them and it ends. Well, I'll try not to spend that $1.93 (or whatever it was) all in one place LOL!

I've already saved my two articles and I'll be posting them on my own website New Bridges. Which I need to add a LOT more content and get that free newsletter going.

This turn of events really sucks for some of my writer friends, who were getting $100+ every month in residuals. They have to scramble to save their articles because at the end of the month, it's all going to be GONE. And then they have to find a place to put those articles. Hubpages and other websites are going to have an influx of new articles.

In the meantime, though, if you have Yahoo Voices articles bookmarked, you should go to the articles and locate the author's name and contact info, blog, or website so you can find the articles after he/she reposts them elsewhere.


No comments: