Sunday, January 4, 2009

National Treasure - One and Two -- A Fun Ride


Well, lets see.

If you're looking for a historically accurate movie about the Declaration of Independence and the men who signed it, Knights Templar, and Free Masonry, you'll be sadly disappointed.

But if you're looking for a crazy fun ride that rides a roller coaster of improbability to a satisfying conclusion, then you'll really enjoy these two movies.

As usual, I thought the first one was the better of the two.

However, they were tied together nicely. I thought it was pretty fun that their lives weren't perfect despite finding the huge treasure in the first movie. I liked the twists of Ben's parents' lives. I also liked the parts about Riley's personal life, that was pretty funny.

It was a fun ride, very enjoyable as long as you relaxed and went with the flow of the movie. I wasn't bored at all.

Rated: Good
(Yes, I bought both DVDs and am looking forward to the 3rd movie.)

-----------------------------------------------------
Now, I do want to clarify something about these movies.

The Masons are not a secret society with a huge hidden treasure or any other madness. Nor are today's Masons connected to the ancient Knights Templar. Yes, it was fun in the movie, but it wasn't real. (Remember, just because you read it on the Internet, it doesn't mean it's true!)

A couple of interesting websites for you:
http://www.masonicinfo.com/nationaltreasure.htm

And some words from my old friend, Eugene Goldman:

No comments: