Friday, June 21, 2013

Book Review: Cat Tales and Whiskers

Book Review:

Cat Tales and Whiskers: A Young Adult Paranormal Christian Novelette (Ages 10+)
by Ciella Naden


Book description: "When fourteen-year-old Ash is forced to move, the world as he knows it turns upside down. Soulville is a strange town, and the house his mom inherited from a distant relative should be condemned. It’s spooky. Possibly haunted. What Ash initially believes to be a string of bad luck has nothing to do with luck at all and everything to do with a demonic curse on his family. Does Ash have what it takes to break the curse, or will his life be cut short like those before him?"

I bought this book this morning, after a friend and fellow author on Facebook recommended it.

Written by a 13-year-old, all I can say is charming!! A few little formatting issues, nothing worse than extra blank lines now and then and I only noticed one misspelled word. A charming little Christian tale of generational curses and forgiveness. As long as you're still breathing, you CAN make that U-turn and this young author expressed it wonderfully in this short, interesting and easy to read paranormal story. I don't give many 5-star reviews, but this tale really caught me and kept me reading through the entire story. I hope to see more of this author. (RDJ)

No comments: