Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another Beautiful Spring Morning


Yes, it's another beautiful spring morning.

I love spring, it's my favorite season. The flowers are blooming, the ladybugs are flying around my yard, the hummingbirds are working the feeders. Life is just bursting out all over the place.

It's that quiet time of day, kids are still asleep, my life is my own for a few short sweet minutes.

Of course, I really need to raise up off the computer and get back to work in my front yard. I can't start on the back until I finish the front, and I still have so, so much to do.

I'm going for the white picket fence, cottage garden look in the front. The kids want us to put a tiny pond over by the orange tree (OK, it's really a bush) for goldfish. I like that idea, once the cannas grow up again, it'll be beautiful. But right now, I'm still working on my little fence and the flowerbeds just inside. So far I've planted a Thompson grape, Sweet 100 tomatoes, Yellow Pear tomatoes, geraniums, morning glories and daffodil bulbs that should've went into the ground months ago (hey, they're sprouting, they'll live through my abuse).

I still have to finish the fence. Dig more flowerbeds for more geraniums, tomatoes, maybe a lime tree in the front corner. And somehow weed the existing flowerbeds. Bermuda really is great for this climate, but it really is devil grass too. It's SO HARD to keep it out of my flowerbeds. Sigh.

One apricot tree is loaded, only one year old. The almond tree has a few almonds. The orange and lemon trees are blooming. The passionflower is waiting to be planted.

Oh my gosh, I have SO MUCH to do before I can even start on the backyard.

But it's a beautiful spring morning.

I think I'll have another cup of coffee and work on my other blogs before I get to work in the yard. (No, I don't want to talk about housework.... Not today.)

Lord, it's beautiful out there today. I'll be outside soon.

Soon.

No comments: