Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ayyyy, Teenagers!

Oh, man, what is it with teens?

Mine went and downloaded a program the other day. Does she ask? No. Is it her computer? No.

But oh my, did I get the attitude just now when I was removing the program. She acts like I did something wrong by taking her program off the computer. And, on top of that, when I told her for the upteenth time, "DO NOT load programs on my computer," she's trying to tell me that I've never told her that. Huh.

Sigh.

Teens! Really, they're not deaf, they just have selective hearing.

Now she's invited her friend, a boy, to go to Oregon with us. Ayyyyy! And she's saying his mom said yes, he could go.

I didn't say yes, but I didn't say no either, so apparently there's an implied OK in this scenario. Well, guess what, the boy is NOT going with us on my tiny bit of a vacation! I'm not going to be responsible for someone else's son while I'm trying to have 3-4 days off. It's bad enough that I can't even stay the full week because of the plumbing disaster earlier this year, so I don't have enough vacation time to take a proper vacation. But to have to be responsible for another teen? One that I just met today? No, I think NOT.

The girl is totally a DIVA too. OMG, the drama that never ends. Once her cousin said, "When she comes into the room, it's like a light switch is turned on." That is so true of my beautiful girl.

And you know, when she does finally grow up and leave home, I will miss her terribly...

2 comments:

Rubberband Man said...

"Mark Twain gave advise on how to raise teenagers:
When they reach thirteen put them in a barrel and feed them through a hole. When they reach fifteen, plug up the hole."

Oh if only!

About the computer, Lookinto setting yourself designated as an administrator on your computer it's not that hard. Then set it so that programs can only be downloaded added or modified by the administrator using special password.
Teens- Gotta love em
Going through the last 2 of 6 myself

Razzberry Jam said...

I know, I just hadn't bothered to do the security thing. Guess I'd better get to it.

Yes, teens, now we know why animals eat their young. It's a good thing that we love our kids so much...